White Leaders Working on Antiracism - Melissa Burns registration
About The Program
Dates and Times:
- Thursday, July 16 from 10:00-11:30am PT / 1:00-2:30pm ET
- Thursday, July 23 from 10:00-11:30am PT / 1:00-2:30pm ET
- Thursday, July 30 from 10:00-11:30am PT / 1:00-2:30pm ET
- Thursday, August 6 from 10:00-11:30am PT / 1:00-2:30pm ET
Working on antiracism is a lifelong practice. We created this learning community to provide a challenging and supportive space to step into and/or continue antiracist work with humility and intentionality.
By examining how whiteness is at work in their leadership, understanding their impact, and leaning into discomfort, participants will deepen their self-awareness and cultivate practices to deepen and sustain their antiracist work.
As a member of this learning community you will:
- Engage in rigorous reflection on your impact as a white leader
- Understand and examine how our culture of white supremacy (“whiter is better”) functions in your leadership and how you can begin to dismantle it
- Lean into the challenge and discomfort of racial justice work as a white leader and build your capacity to engage in this ongoing work
- Begin to move from reflection to sustained action
- Sold OutWLWA Learning Community$25$250$0